Cashless society negatives.

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Imagine this....there's no cash,save upsetting anyone,we'll say I'm too fat,which I am,a bit....anyway,"the state" knows I'm too fat or an alcy or whatever,coz my medical records say so. Or I smoke...
Anyway,I go to the shops and certain items are now restricted" for my own good".

Like those electric cars. I bet you a £ to a pinch of sh1te they can be switched off an on by someone else. Like your mobile phone being live and traceable even when it's switched off.

Imagine this....there's no cash,save upsetting anyone,we'll say I'm too fat,which I am,a bit....anyway,"the state" knows I'm too fat or an alcy or whatever,coz my medical records say so. Or I smoke...
Anyway,I go to the shops and certain items are now restricted" for my own good".

I think it's a case of be careful what you wish for.

Like those electric cars. I bet you a £ to a pinch of sh1te they can be switched off an on by someone else. Like your mobile phone being live and traceable even when it's switched off.
You know that all vehicles made in the past couple of decades have complex electronics in them that are required for the vehicle to run?

It didn't worry them very much a couple of years ago.

The only time we have ever been told not to make unnecessary journeys was in the pandemic and selfish people ignored the request and carried on anyway, maybe a kill switch would be a good thing to stop these idiots next time.

Or maybe the government should stop playing silly sods, you do know that we are the most spied on people in the world

Did you actually read the article?

I am not going to list them all but why would you object to the councils using cameras to catch -

Meanwhile, Lancaster city council used the act, in 2012, for “targeted dog fouling enforcement” in two hotspots over 11 days.

Wolverhampton used covert surveillance to check on the sale of dangerous toys and car clocking;

Slough to aid an investigation into an illegal puppy farm;

Westminster to crack down on the selling of fireworks to children.

The local authority also detailed the use of Ripa following a complaint about the accumulation of rubbish in a rear garden, claiming that the perpetrator was a “serial fly tipper”. The council deployed a “covert camera” in the upstairs bedroom window of another property, which gathered evidence of what was happening.

More recently, it has used the law to monitor the sale of alcohol, tobacco and fireworks to people underage, and capture those illegally dumping waste in recycling centres.

Last edited:
But they never mention the real reasons do they, only the one's people like, if you dig deeper you find what they are really up to

"If you dig beep enough you find out what they are really up to"

Here we go again, so how much digging have you done where is the evidence that councils are using these cameras for any other reason than to catch criminals in the act?

I don't just mean the odd one that may have a dodgy operator doing something they shouldn't and its all over the papers for a day I mean your suggestion that we are all being spied on by all councils.

Last edited:
I am not going to argue over this, but anyone who think government and local councils do what they do for the good of the people are sadly wrong, they do do good, but why they need to use covert operations is beyond me, catching people breaking the law is a job for the police not the council

Latest posts

Back