My experience of homebrew shops recently......

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Do it at home quite often have bargains in their sale section. I got two extract kits free once, not sure if it was a mistake on their part. Currently brewing one of them. I felt embarrassed ordering them so added a bunch of other stuff to order šŸ˜†

Do it at home quite often have bargains in their sale section. I got two extract kits free once, not sure if it was a mistake on their part. Currently brewing one of them. I felt embarrassed ordering them so added a bunch of other stuff to order šŸ˜†
Funny enough, I got something delivered from them this morning via eBay. Was very quick and efficient.

Will go look at their store.

I have three close to me, Home Make It, Keg King and Keg Land. It's been a very entertaining week following the Keg Land trial, ran out of popcorn twice. Greed certainly makes people do stupid things. How in this day and age anyone think they can get away with lying under oath, lying on affidavits, falsifying and backdating documents is beyond me. The two defendants should think themselves lucky if they dodge a gaol term. Three more days to go.
https://vimeo.com/event/4216636

I have three close to me, Home Make It, Keg King and Keg Land. It's been a very entertaining week following the Keg Land trial, ran out of popcorn twice. Greed certainly makes people do stupid things. How in this day and age anyone think they can get away with lying under oath, lying on affidavits, falsifying and backdating documents is beyond me. The two defendants should think themselves lucky if they dodge a gaol term. Three more days to go.
https://vimeo.com/event/4216636
So a Fermzilla and associated Kegland pressure parts would probably be better bought now than in a couple of months when they try to recoup their losses?

I had a faulty Rapt Bluetooth Thermometer from BKT so emailed last night.
Alan has emailed back apologising and is sending a new item that will be delivered tomorrow morning.
What fabulous service- do not ever hesitate to buy from these chaps athumb.. clapa

They're excellent. Had nothing but good service from them, and their prices are very competitive.

Couldn't fault them either. Not easy for me to buy from the UK these days but they were the first stocking the brewzilla at the time - walked me through the whole process and made it so easy to do.

It's a great location though from the Motorway. I'll definitely be popping by next time I'm up the M3.
The main issue of getting to them from the M3 is having to deal with Bradfords Roundabout, it gets so busy because of Farnborough Gate, but itā€™s usually fine when going from the shop to the M3.

I normally go via the A30 and Hawley Lane due to living around 10 miles from the shop.

I have ordered from other places though, including Balliihoo, Brewbitz, Brew2Bottle and TMM.

I've never really been happy with The Homebrew Company. They pretend to be British, using a .co.uk web address and saying "We are the UKs newest homebrew beer and wine website" but they are Irish.
Why pretend to be British when you aren't? Is there anything else they don't tell us?
That's not fair. They're not pretending to be British, rather they have two websites, one priced in Ā£ and the other priced in ā‚¬. Ireland's currency is the euro, so they're doing us brits a favour by pricing on Ā£ as it saves messing around with exchange rates. Even PayPal's exchange rate is not as good as HBC.

Customer service is excellent. My first order with them was misdelivered and signed for by the courier! Shane was on the point of sending out the order again and taking on the enquiry before I got a phone call from the irate person who'd received it.

Delivery, I don't know if it's got worse, but I've always found it good. I once ordered Monday morning and received my parcel on Wednesday lunchtime in France.

A splendid company and my goto every time, Except for liquid yeasts, which they seem to have phased out.

That's not fair. They're not pretending to be British, rather they have two websites, one priced in Ā£ and the other priced in ā‚¬. Ireland's currency is the euro, so they're doing us brits a favour by pricing on Ā£ as it saves messing around with exchange rates. Even PayPal's exchange rate is not as good as HBC.

Customer service is excellent. My first order with them was misdelivered and signed for by the courier! Shane was on the point of sending out the order again and taking on the enquiry before I got a phone call from the irate person who'd received it.

Delivery, I don't know if it's got worse, but I've always found it good. I once ordered Monday morning and received my parcel on Wednesday lunchtime in France.

A splendid company and my goto every time, Except for liquid yeasts, which they seem to have phased out.
May be not British, but they claim to be the UK's newest home brew website and use a .co.uk address. To me that is them trying to give the impression that there are a UK company when they aren't.

May be not British, but they claim to be the UK's newest home brew website and use a .co.uk address. To me that is them trying to give the impression that there are a UK company when they aren't.
And if that were the case, so what?
By the way, they've been going for ages. Where do they claim to be UK's nearest homebrew company?

Back