Religion - Don't shoot me!

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

VW911

Landlord.
Reaction score
Felt that I had to share this wth you as I found it quite amusing.

As a few of you may know, I run a homebrew department. Last night a chap that I know came up to me outside of work. I found the question a tad strange:

"Do you stock any Sauternes wine Kits? It's just that I've been making Chardonnay for Communion at my Church, and a few of the old dears find it a bit dry."

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I thought that as the wine was supposed to symbolify the blood of Christ, it would be red?

I can just imagine how the service goes:

"The body of Christ - White, Wholemeal or Gluten-Free?"
"The blood of Christ - Red or White, or would you prefer a beer?"

Made me chuckle...

Well if they wanted to follow what Jesus did at the last supper then yes it should be red wine and unleavened bread. However most so-called Christians don't really follow Jesus example in any other way, so why should this be different.

Many churches I have been to use red grape juice or cranberry juice but never seen anything not red. According to Wikipedia "In Western Christianity, white wine is also sometimes used for the practical purpose of avoiding stains on the altar cloths". Personally I would say its what it symbolises to the drinker that is important not what the liquid is or its colour.

I give this 4 pages max before it turns into every other argument on the internet

The mods are watching!

xoArym.jpg

I am not **** stirring mate the days of free-for-alls in the snug have ended one member has already been banned from the site permanently for ignoring warnings and another is permanently banned from posting if anyone is unsure of the rules take a minute to read this - http://www.thehomebrewforum.co.uk/showthread.php?t=71810

Sorry Chippy it's a joke.Look at the second definition of the word ban then see who the cananites were.
I know there's been a lot of controversy lately but this is meant to be light banter with no offence intended to yourself or anyone else.

Gerry

Sorry Chippy it's a joke.Look at the second definition of the word ban then see who the cananites were.

Ooops :oops: too late i removed it earlier as i thought you were being serious. :lol:

Should have known better :wink:

Ooops :oops: too late i removed it earlier as i thought you were being serious. [emoji38]

Should have known better :wink:
Hi not my style as there's too much going on and enjoy the forum for what it's meant to be
HELP, helping,laughs and giggles and I'm surely not paying subscription to be banned......

Gerry

The whole post was only intended to raise a smile, not antagonise anyone.
I just found it funny that the congregation are allowed to choose their own preferred style of wine. It's almost as if they're missing the whole point of it...

I just found it funny that the congregation are allowed to choose their own preferred style of wine. It's almost as if they're missing the whole point of it...

No problem with the thread just me being a dumb **** and not getting Gerrys joke.

See what you started now..... hahaha....only joking.
I should be sleeping as I'm working tonight but this forum is way too much fun.
Keep Er lit.

Gerry

Latest posts

Back