What did you brew today?

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Today im brewing a Wolf(single hop) ipa from geterbrewed,
a few hicups on the volume, but so far so good, going for a no chill too,

Not brewed anything cos I've had two on already which I intended to bottle, did the Brewferm triple into 29 330ml bottles, then I was going to do my RIS which I had fully expected to have finished but was still chugging away albeit very gently. I'll check again next weekend and hopefully be able to free up the brewfridge to do a black IPA

Didn't brew per se, but yesterday I zested 32 lemons to make some homemade limoncello, and with the juice, along with the juice of my last batch of limoncello, I made Skeeter Pee - or at least my version of it, with is easier and doesn't need a yeast cake from a batch of wine or cider...

Just sat down, With a bottle of 'Hulme Pale Ale' from last months brewday. Latest brew is half way through mashing, all hops weighed out. Wont have time to cook lunch so it's pork pie! then off to sparge then boil etc.

SMASH Ale
for 22lit into fermenter
4.85 kg. Maris Otter
25grm Amarillo hops each at 60min, 15min, 5min. and at 80c. hop stand
Should be finished by 4ish.

Cheers

Through on a Masterpint IPA from brewsmarter and put together another batch using 1.5kg LME,150g spray malt,1 kg of sugar and added 20g of millennium hops at 60mins and another 24g to finish them off at 10.
Just in the middle of brewing and my Pale ale yeast arrived from crossmyloof so decided to use this instead.Pitched at 2.30pm this afternoon and both bubbling away at 6.30pm and both pitched at 18 degrees and dry pitched in a hurry as I was in the school run today.Should be interesting to see how they turn out 👍🍺

Sent from my ALE-L21

Did the Belgium brew yesterday a Mr Hughes Pattesbere..... As well as being in the middle of re furbing the front room.... Came out as 1054 instead of 1045 ish so very pleased. Used safale s33 for the first time..its at 22c in the fermentation fridge. Sitting down now enjoying a Greg Hughes american IPA that's coming into its own....

Last edited:
And today 40 pints Youngs bitter:
+ a can of LME
+ odds & sods (e.g. golden syrup, DME, maple syrup etc.).
+ a little 'syrup tea' of cloves & juniper.

OG 1060 :whistle:

Took a reading as it seems to have settled. SG 1020...so about 5.25% abv? Pleasant, fruity-ish. Looking forward to bottling.

Took a reading as it seems to have settled. SG 1020...so about 5.25% abv? Pleasant, fruity-ish. Looking forward to bottling.

Here's my logic:

1. Started on the 5th means only 11 days fermenting.

2. Nothing in the wort that will not ferment.

3. ABV of 5.25% means insufficient alcohol present to kill the yeast.

4. With SG as high as 1.020 there is no reason to believe that the fermentation is completed.

Personally, I would leave it another week and take another look at the SG. :thumb:

Just finished a cheeky pre work Yorkshire bitter:thumb:
EKG and Bramling cross hops with a healthy dose of torrified wheat for a nice frothy head.

pedigree clone from the Graham Wheeler book for me, its got the correct starting gravity :thumb: just pitched the yeast :pray: and wait

Here's my logic:

1. Started on the 5th means only 11 days fermenting.

2. Nothing in the wort that will not ferment.

3. ABV of 5.25% means insufficient alcohol present to kill the yeast.

4. With SG as high as 1.020 there is no reason to believe that the fermentation is completed.

Personally, I would leave it another week and take another look at the SG. :thumb:

Thanks Dutto - will do. This is why I like this place so much.

Very much appreciated. :hat:

Just popped on a 40 pt brew this morning, after bottling off 24 pints of Aussie Pale Ale.

Today's started as a Geordie bitter kit, kindly donated by a gentleman of this very forum. :hat:

I added an additional tin of LME, just over 500g of dextrose, and a 500g bag of soft brown sugar.

Rocked up with an OG over a touch over 1.060 :whistle:

Just bottled 15 litres of RIS into 40 330s and half a dozen 500s, I can't wait to give this a try in about six weeks it tasted very very promising from the trial jar. Finished at 1.017 and 8.5% so bang on where it was supposed to be.
Now the brewfridge is free I can decide what to do next, got a couple of kits still, got the malt and grain to partial mash a black IPA, and got the all the grain to do my fist 5 planned AG biab brews. Spoilt for choice! Decision decisions...

Just bottled 15 litres of RIS into 40 330s and half a dozen 500s, I can't wait to give this a try in about six weeks it tasted very very promising from the trial jar. Finished at 1.017 and 8.5% so bang on where it was supposed to be.
Now the brewfridge is free I can decide what to do next, got a couple of kits still, got the malt and grain to partial mash a black IPA, and got the all the grain to do my fist 5 planned AG biab brews. Spoilt for choice! Decision decisions...

My advice is to go AG next. You may look over your shoulder and do some kits / Partial Mashes, in the future, but you will never look back.

Latest posts

Back