Brewery tour

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kentmark

Regular.
Reaction score
Very happy, birthday on tuesday, just found out the in-laws are buying me a ticket for the Shepherd Neame brewery tour + tasting session. Hardly any annual leave left and weekends are mostly booked up so will probably book it for the new year. Only the next town from us so will either get the train or SWMBO will drive me there.

Yup, britains oldest brewer, so really looking forward to the history side of it in addition to the brewing.

And you finish with a tutored tasting session. Such a shame that shepherd neame are my favorite beers! Lol

Don't forget to pop in and see Colin at Faversham homebrew whilst you're there! Also, if your looking for a pint late afternoon you won't find many better than The Elephant just the other side of the train station to the main town

I've been dropping some not so subtle hints to SWMBO about how it would be nice to take a trip up to Masham for the theakstones and blacksheep tours - only time will tell if she's been actually listening to me ;-)

Had a very enjoyable couple of hours there earlier today. Fasinating tour and enjoyed the tasting session. Tried 3 new shepherd neame beers that i haven't had before, find of the day for me was the double stout. The 2 girls running the bar and tour were really good, finished off propping up the shop bar for an hour after the tour supping away.

Didn't make it to faversham homebrew, they have moved and my stupid phone wouldn't pick up a 3g or gps signal for me to find them. Got a sausage and chip (ossies chip shop - very nice) and got picked up by swmbo.

No chance on the yeast lol, they are VERY protective over it!

I asked if they are likely to make home brew kits, they said no as it would mean releasing their yeast and they dont want to do that.

Is it me? All shep's beers taste the same to me and my son. Perhaps its the amber malt they use.

Personally i would disagree but then i would probably say the same about other breweries, each to their own i guess!

If you compared 1698 to Whitstable Bay to Masterbrew you woukd have 3 completely different beers (imo of course!!).

Latest posts

Back