This has been playing on my mind

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

A T

Regular.
Reaction score
For a while now i've been losing hop aroma in my beers after a few weeks no matter what i do so i'm gonna try this....
1 Gallon of finished beer in the boiler and brought to and kept at 50 c with some hops added for one hour. Then cool and bottle with a little yeast, wait a month and see the results :hmm: Am i mad or can this work? i know hop tea is the easy answer but would this lock it in better?

i have been doing but the aroma seems to fade, the idea is to lock it in after fermenting and maybe it will last longer. If it doesn't work it's not the end of the world but i feel it's worth a try

The problem is really in the cornie but to cornie 1 gallon is not an option for me, so really the experiment is to see if it aids or harms the bottles and if it's good maybe i'll be brave enough to try it on a cornie :roll:

It seems to me that hops in beer don't really suit corny's.
Stainless seems to be a good short term storage solution for real ales, but long term, it seems to scrub hoppiness :hmm:

Latest posts

Back