Best beers of 2017?

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Favourite of my own was my Orval clone brewed in January but I lost half of them in a disastrous shelf collapse :(

Favourite commercial beer of the year (and perhaps ever) was a 7 year old bottle of Struise Pannepot, I don't think I'll ever taste another beer as good :(

Well, I tasted Black Albert aged on whisky barrels a couple of years ago, and that was also a relevation.

Two commercial beers made my year

The first was Paix Dieu. It didn't get rave reviews all round but it's right up my street. A very rich 10% tripel with that lovely honey and marzipan flavour. It's rare to find something that strong that's so delicate.

The other was La Bavaisienne. An amber French beer that's very hard to find with an amazing boiled sweet flavour. Subtle and I could drink it all day.

For my own beers I think the best was a 5.2% blond I made with White Labs French Ale and Bohemian Floor Malted Pilsner and Brewers Gold. One of the first where I had temp control and the ability to lager. It wipes the floor with everything else I've made.

Back