Graham Wheeler TT Landord

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm looking forward to hearing how the yeast is, and what the beer is like.

Anyway.... Those interested in how this turns out I'll keep an update on here. Have made one recipe from this book already. ( if I'm allowed to say that ) and it appears to have worked out alright. I've no idea about yeast strains and effects as new to this. But will also try and see if I can offer any info as a result of using this yeast.

I think GWs book must have sold a lot of copies as a result of people discussing it on forums tbh. An occasional recipe being reproduced is better than zero internet coverage of the book.

I agree. We're i posting every page then yes I get an author being somewhat cheesed off. But having looked at numerous forums the book appears to be quite popular and any exposure is surely going to raise knowledge of the book and I don't doubt he has benefited from increased sales as a result. I'm looking forward to seeing what this one turns out like. Cheers again for the yeast tips.

Good stuff. I am genuinely interested as I have some beer brewing books myself, but am never sure whether it's right or wrong. I have posted recipes from cookery books in the past though.

I'd maybe fancy trying this, though I've always thought that the yeast flavour is a big contributor to the flavour of lighter ales like these and bitters.

I'm quite a new brewer and have only done the Sarah Hughes Ruby Mild recipe. Which although just out of 2 weeks kept warm to carb up is tasting good. So I assume it will only get better. That was my first extract having only done kits and the difference is noticeable. I've no idea about yeasts. But have ordered the wyeast for my next attempt. Will do a brew day journal and and let you know how it all turns out. You recommend any brews you've made?

I think GWs book must have sold a lot of copies as a result of people discussing it on forums tbh. An occasional recipe being reproduced is better than zero internet coverage of the book.

When I saw the picture I was going to discuss this with the other mods and Austin but decided that like others have said I imagine the author is doing well out of the free advertising he is getting in the forums.

Well i asked what was the recipe to start with so its probs my fault:???: but on the other hand i did buy his book yesterday via amazon at the amazing price of only 3 pounds
Regards Steve.

So my inadvertent advertising appears to of lined the authors pockets again. All good then. Having only made one from the book already it looks like there are loads of recipes to go at and all are beer styles I enjoy to drink.

Latest posts

Back