mauribrew yeast

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

31bb3

Landlord.
Reaction score
just been to LHBS for some yeast i wanted some S04 but hadn't got any i saw some mauribrew yeast never heard of it has anyone had any experience of it ? according to the packet its Top fermenting yeast for English or Belgian ales ,strong ales koelsch porter or stout doesnt say anything about needing to rehydrate

have used this brand and it was good , i also have read many folk using it with good results , i haven't used that 1 though.

Here's the manufacturer's info on their own site, assuming it's Mauribrew 514 that you've bought (click here). It tells you how to rehydrate - which I would, though make sure you follow the instructions precisely for that.

I've just done a lager with their cool-fermenting 497 lager yeast. Stopped at 1.014 so I'm reserving judgement just now, keeping it in secondaries to see if it gets down any more.

I've got a sorghum lager going using a Mauribrew bottom-fermenting yeast
Massive sediment, don't think that's just the sorghum.
Not quite ready to bottle yet so no idea how it'll taste compared with the unnamed yeast that came with the sorghum originally.

oldbloke said:
Not quite ready to bottle yet so no idea how it'll taste compared with the unnamed yeast that came with the sorghum originally.

I got very little sediment in the fv, after 3 weeks at 12C, only about 1cm. It looks to be clearing ok in secondaries. Interesting! Will just have to see. Tasted clean enough during racking.

morethanworts said:
oldbloke said:

I got very little sediment in the fv, after 3 weeks at 12C, only about 1cm. It looks to be clearing ok in secondaries. Interesting! Will just have to see. Tasted clean enough during racking.

Actually I do so little ale I may just be forgetting how much sediment to expect - don't get much at all with TC (wine of course is all over the place depending what's in it).
But I do have more than 1cm - maybe it is partly the sorghum, but I also fermented it quite a bit warmer than yours.

I used their Weiss yeast and I think I like it more than WB-06, more flavours, although it's far from Weihenstephan standard. Used Ale too, but only in 2 batches of golden ale - not as hop-forward as US-05, but better than Notty. Nice cheap yeast, I'd say.

Latest posts

Back