UK C02 Suppliers

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Chris_1984 said:
Does anyone know where to get CO2 cylinders refilled in either London/Essex? I'm stumped..!

I've been searching today and the closest to me would be Here in Edmonton http://www.londongases.co.uk/lgbeergas.php but you will see that they dont advertise the pricing, i havent used them so cannot recommend them.

There is another in North E London/South Essex 'East Gas' supplies, but cannot now locate them - i think there in Romford.

I am looking still for a supplier that wants to deal direct with the public most i have spoken too wont.

I get my gas from BOC - the cylider is rented out for around £3 per month including VAT, and a replacement was around £18 I think last time I needed one, delivered next day.

They can be a bit funny about delivering to domestic addresses, but stand your ground (unless you really do live somewhere pretty innaccessible!), or you'll need to collect from the nearest BOC gas depot, and they often don't have very good opening hours as they really only exist to supply commercial business, so late opening just doesn't happen!!

Yeah i tried registering for BOC they havent called me back.

Found another London Supplier called - wait for it...Mason Maurice in Bexley they will supply the bottle and recharge them/exchange, but they quoted me £100 for the first bottle :shock:

'East Gas' were shut by the time i got to them there located in Whalebone Road North, Romford next to a Mc Donalds.

London Beer Gas in Chingford/Edmonton area quoted £70 for the first bottle then £15 after that...seems to be a very shark like market in London with the supplies etc.

caerleon said:
Yeah i tried registering for BOC they havent called me back

Have you tried again?

It's worth persevering as BOC are by far the best.

K

Sean_Mc said:
KEY GAS

HAVOD ROAD, JOHNSTOWN
LL14 2AT WREXHAM, CLWYD

01978 840982

Just off the A483

They've been taken over by Beer Gas Cymru now so our tenner no rental deal has gone.

On the plus side, they keep a small stock of odd cylinders for hobby welders outside of their normal stock that they don't charge rental on and the one I got a fortnight ago cost me £18. I can live with that.

And don't worry, there's no difference in the handling of these cylinders or the gas from their normal supplies.

Thanks James, must be March since I was last there.

Cost have nearly doubled then in the last couple of years......still can't complain though

Sean_Mc said:
Thanks James, must be March since I was last there.
Cost have nearly doubled then in the last couple of years......still can't complain though

Still not too bad is it?

Which is handy. Our keg kicked last night while I wasn't around. And the silly moo left the tap on and lost all my gas.

Just thankful that our house has a lot of draughts.

When read some of the prices the other guys are paying I'm not going to complain :thumb:

Hi All
I get my gas cylinders from Eastenders. My local branch has 'Trade Only' notices everywhere, but don't apply this to bottled gas ('cos I asked them!). Pub size CO2 cylinder is £15 a refill plus VAT, so £18. Deposit on the first cylinder is £10, so my initial outlay last April was £28, and of course, it's still going. Branches in Leyton, Croydon, Barking, Slough, Coventry CV1 and B'ham B66 (but I've only used the Leyton branch). Website is here:
http://eastendersplc.co.uk/index.php
Cheers, Chris

kev said:
caerleon said:
Yeah i tried registering for BOC they havent called me back
Have you tried again? It's worth persevering as BOC are by far the best.
K

I did call them back and they said they cannot let me have the gas as a home user UNLESS i brought thier CO2 safety monitoring kit for 'Health & Safety' reasons. I think i mentioned this on the forum at one point.

Anyway finally i managed to get to Eastern Gases Whalebone Road North Romford - which is only a few miles from me. Cost of a pub gas cylinder was £24 plus £24 for the cylinder - refills cost £24. Rather surprisingly he didnt want me to fill in any paperwork! :wha:

Anyway - managed to finally get the gas into my cornies with a little help from Screwfix 10mm pipe will fit the John Guest unions on inlet valves.

Cool. I still reckon BOC are fine but as long as you have gas it's worked out ok.

K

for those in Doncaster /Barnsley Sheffield areas...

http://yorkshire-co2gas.co.uk/

ring them first as they fill as required for sale, and they do that first thing in morning.

Edit - update

I have a sneaky feeling the above company gets theres from
http://dongas.co.uk/

and there's are £45 for a new cylinder filled with CO2 ( 6.25kg)

well I got my gas cylinder from Don Gas £45 complete...
and yes the other site ( Yorkshire Gas ) do buy them from him and re sells at £65... not bad when the firms are less than half a mile apart.... :roll:

Back