Stc-1000

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sam51

Reaction score
hi can you just use a STC-1000 for heating only, i have a fridge that is too cold. need to raise the temperature, thinking of using a tubular heater.
thanks sam.

Yes, I use mine like this, although both cooling and heating are wired I only use the heat side and ambient temperature for cooling at the moment.

So cooling switches on when required but there is no device attached.

I would have thought though that if you do have a fridge you would still want it attached so as to have it running heat or cool cycles as required, with some adjustment of the Fridges thermostat.

Yes, I use mine like this, although both cooling and heating are wired I only use the heat side and ambient temperature for cooling at the moment.

So cooling switches on when required but there is no device attached.

I would have thought though that if you do have a fridge you would still want it attached so as to have it running heat or cool cycles as required, with some adjustment of the Fridges thermostat.

hi thanks, i have 2 fridges in the shed, they are set at there warmest temp
8 degrees, but the temps are 3 degrees, so need to heat the beer up.
ive also looked at the plug and play Inkbird ITC 308,

Hi!
In my brewshed I have a DIY fermentation chamber exclusively for use in the winter.
I use an STC-1000 with only the heat cycle wired up.
However, I agree with @photek1000 - you will have a much more versatile unit if you have the fridge and heater controlled by the STC-1000.
You will need two STC-1000s, one for each fridge. Wiring them up is a doddle and they can easily be mounted in plastic kitchen storage boxes, like this: https://tinyurl.com/ybdt9klw (second post)

hi thanks, i have 2 fridges in the shed, they are set at there warmest temp
8 degrees, but the temps are 3 degrees, so need to heat the beer up.
ive also looked at the plug and play Inkbird ITC 308,

If you want the fridges on then you need to use the stc-1000 to control both the fridge and the heater, otherwise you will be heating up with the heater and cooling down with the fridge at the same time.

Latest posts

Back