Elitech EK-1000

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

eyuptm

Regular.
Reaction score
Hi, happy Wednesday all!
Anyone have the misfortune to run one of these temp controllers? Put a beer in the ferm fridge a week ago, and my trusty STC-1000 wouldn't play ball- the "up"arrow ceased to be!!
In Spain, the only thing I could get hold of quickly was the EK1000, which looks as if it should do the job, but I can't find the "set target temperature" setting anywhere in the "menu".
The instructions are worse than useless, so wondered if anyone here has managed to tame the beast!!
Currently sitting at 16° after a cold-ish night, so will rig manual heating up as a temporary measure, but I'd like to get it right!!
Thanks in advance.
Cheers, Tim

Thanks both. I've got the manual, and can lock/unlock it, but there is no mention of target temp, or similar. It mentions "heat on" and "cool on" - the heat on set to 0°, cool on to 20°. The heat DID come on for about 30 mins, but it's off again now- temp probe (taped to FV behind a sponge) reading 16.4...... AAAARRRGGGHHH!!!

Obviously don't have one in front of me to test but the instructions look clear :-

Press unlock/OK
Press heat on temp set
use the up/down arrows to set the target temp
press unlock/OK to store the temp

Its possible that you have to keep the heat on temp set button pressed while you are pressing the up/down arrows.

Nothing to do with the menu. There are buttons on the front panel.

Does yours look like the pic?

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240124-184426_Brave.jpg
    Screenshot_20240124-184426_Brave.jpg
    39.3 KB · Views: 0
Nothing to do with the menu. There are buttons on the front panel.

Does yours look like the pic?
Yes, and set the "heat on" at -10°, "cool on" at 19°, hystereses both at 1°, and the heat comes on for 30 mins or so then switches off.
Found an old tech STC-1000 that's hopefully coming today, so it'll be going back to Amazon....
Thanks for all your replies. Hope I haven't spoilt the batch....

Yes, and set the "heat on" at -10°, "cool on" at 19°, hystereses both at 1°, and the heat comes on for 30 mins or so then switches off.
Found an old tech STC-1000 that's hopefully coming today, so it'll be going back to Amazon....
Thanks for all your replies. Hope I haven't spoilt the batch....
Wait. Heat on at -10 and cool at 19 ?
The settings are targets. You should have heat at 19 and cool at 23 or something. It will then heat up to 19 and cool if it goes above 23.

Wait. Heat on at -10 and cool at 19 ?
The settings are targets. You should have heat at 19 and cool at 23 or something. It will then heat up to 19 and cool if it goes above 23.
Aaah, I SEE.... Was thinking the opposite-ie heat on above temp.... Seems counter intuitive to me, but now I've set it as you say, it seems to be working. Thanks so much- just hope the beer still ok...!!

Aaah, I SEE.... Was thinking the opposite-ie heat on above temp.... Seems counter intuitive to me, but now I've set it as you say, it seems to be working. Thanks so much- just hope the beer still ok...!!

Yes, I think the labeling on the buttons is confusing so I can understand you thinking that the heat on temp is the temperature below which the heater turns on and cool on is the temp when you want to start cooling.

Glad its sorted.

Thanks. Wondered if maybe it's standard parlance in the HVAC industry?? Anyway, now have a standby spare STC-1000, and the brew is sitting at fairly constant 18+- 0.5. Thanks for your help!

Latest posts

Back