Stc-1000

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sam51

Reaction score
hi can you just use a STC-1000 for heating only, i have a fridge that is too cold. need to raise the temperature, thinking of using a tubular heater.
thanks sam.

Yes, I use mine like this, although both cooling and heating are wired I only use the heat side and ambient temperature for cooling at the moment.

So cooling switches on when required but there is no device attached.

I would have thought though that if you do have a fridge you would still want it attached so as to have it running heat or cool cycles as required, with some adjustment of the Fridges thermostat.

Yes, I use mine like this, although both cooling and heating are wired I only use the heat side and ambient temperature for cooling at the moment.

So cooling switches on when required but there is no device attached.

I would have thought though that if you do have a fridge you would still want it attached so as to have it running heat or cool cycles as required, with some adjustment of the Fridges thermostat.

hi thanks, i have 2 fridges in the shed, they are set at there warmest temp
8 degrees, but the temps are 3 degrees, so need to heat the beer up.
ive also looked at the plug and play Inkbird ITC 308,

Hi!
In my brewshed I have a DIY fermentation chamber exclusively for use in the winter.
I use an STC-1000 with only the heat cycle wired up.
However, I agree with @photek1000 - you will have a much more versatile unit if you have the fridge and heater controlled by the STC-1000.
You will need two STC-1000s, one for each fridge. Wiring them up is a doddle and they can easily be mounted in plastic kitchen storage boxes, like this: https://tinyurl.com/ybdt9klw (second post)

hi thanks, i have 2 fridges in the shed, they are set at there warmest temp
8 degrees, but the temps are 3 degrees, so need to heat the beer up.
ive also looked at the plug and play Inkbird ITC 308,

If you want the fridges on then you need to use the stc-1000 to control both the fridge and the heater, otherwise you will be heating up with the heater and cooling down with the fridge at the same time.

Back