Is it just me...

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sam.k

Landlord.
Reaction score
Or does anyone else find cleaning bottles therapeutic and relaxing?
I just got given about 100 bottles by a mate and I've been busy soaking, de-labelling and scrubbing and I am really chilled now, I've still got a load to keep me busy over the weekend.
I don't know of its just because its a mindless little job or if it the growing stack of bottles ready to fill but I really enjoy getting them cleaned.

Wierd eh.

Got a seriously deep understanding of his ale preference.
6x and coop honey ale, I bet they where on offer haha.

sam, I've got a greenhouseful.

Pop round anytime you're feeling stressed! :lol:

I'm the same, I enjoy the cleaning, delabeling and scrubbing :D

Its a lot easier now I have a bottle tree, rather than trying to balance 30 glass bottles on there necks :thumb:

It's the nice stack of bottles waiting to be filled that's satisfying for me :)

Crabbies are easy take the label off spray with wd-40 let it sit for like 1 minute and scrub like feck youll get it clean but crabbies arent a very good choice if you have a 2 handled capper :rofl:

I find the smell of the cleaning stuff comforting. Maybe I need a holiday.

Devonhomebrew said:
Crabbies are easy take the label off spray with wd-40 let it sit for like 1 minute and scrub like feck youll get it clean but crabbies arent a very good choice if you have a 2 handled capper :rofl:

Oh dear, why not? They're not likely to break are they? :? I bottled some cider in a dozen of those bottles yesterday, I did notice it took a bit more effort to get the caps on but got there in the end. I removed one label, and that was enough - I don't mind the crabbies labels and just leave them on, it's just not worth it to take them off!

I really hate washing bottles :oops:

Devonhomebrew said:

Hmm wd-40 :hmm: I'll have to give that a try, I have a cupboard full of them waiting to be delabled. You're right, they are a pain to cap but they do go on with a bit of brute force. And they are great bottles.

For no particular reason, Crabbies are my preferred bottles.
But I have a bench capper

just done another 20...
got to say I really like 6x bottles, im starting to get quite a selection of different shapes now.

wiz812 said:
I find the smell of the cleaning stuff comforting. Maybe I need a holiday.
You definitely need a holiday. But you can come to the Lake District for a therapeutic weekend. :lol: :lol:

After bottling this small batch:

and gazzilions of others in the past i can assure you its not therapeutic or relaxing. This brew spent over 3 weeks in the bucket because i kept procrastinating on getting it bottled.

The plus point is that it wound the misses up having 20L bucket of bitter sat on the worktop for weeks. Gets a bit awkward whilst cooking :lol:

Personally, I hate it! I'm about to receive another 60 wine bottles for my next batch from a work friend who also works in a pub. I'm dreading taking the labels off. Only thing getting me through it is thinking about trying to design my own labels to stick on! Bootleggers Brewery Inc :cheers:

Thinking I'm going to have to invest in a pressure washer, they're meant to take the labels off pretty good.

Bloody hate doing labels, means getting my hands wet and wrinkly.

Latest posts

Back