**** 50 LT's of brew waisted

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Been doing wines all morning,(30lts) all when fine, then moved onto moving 50LT's of brew to crony's, not thinking.... i added 150gm of sugar to water (dissolved) then added it in the corny's, after already filling each with 16LT's of brew.

What was i thinking? I know better.... I know should of just put the sugar into the corny's NOT dissolved.

Have waisted 50 LTs? Any ideas? heat the corny's?

dam, dam, dam...... or do you think I'll get away with it?

Runwell-Steve said:
Why are you adding sugar to cornies, you don't need to prime them. I'm sure you beer will be fine though, just keep an eye on the pressures.

TBH, its the first time using cornies.... i naturally thought priming was expected? the way forward?

will keep eye on it, pressurised to 20psi.

Usually with a corny you just fill them then force carbonate them as you have done by putting them at 20psi.

You don't need to add priming sugars, and the result of priming is sediment, which can be a problem, and also the pressure will rise, and could become too high and you will end up with a keg full of foam.

Runwell-Steve said:
Usually with a corny you just fill them then force carbonate them as you have done by putting them at 20psi.

You don't need to add priming sugars, and the result of priming is sediment, which can be a problem, and also the pressure will rise, and could become too high and you will end up with a keg full of foam.

What happened was....the first ferment was left long than normal (SG 1040, FG 1003) 5.1% ABV :party:, it was left for well over three weeks, so most of the sediments was left behind, still expecting them but hopefully not as bad.

Did a taste, it was good.... little sweeter than hoped, but after conditioning hoping this will clear up; just leave it now for 4-5 weeks.

Latest posts

Back