Onion Wine

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Did a quick Google and saw:

"On an oddly interesting note, evidently Onion Red Wine is all the rage now amongst the health nuts in China as a cancer preventative"

Would this be a real piko wine?

Up

Did a quick Google and saw:

"On an oddly interesting note, evidently Onion Red Wine is all the rage now amongst the health nuts in China as a cancer preventative"

Would this be a real piko wine?

Up

Whoops I meant Pinko

i know the book!!! one edidted by the winemakers bible author C.J.J.Berry!!! i was reading it jus this afternoon!! some very bizaree recipes in there indeed!!! :rofl:

Bump, i want to know as well!
I havent grown any onions yet, so cant say ill e doing anything for another month or so at least.
Is there even any sugar in them?

Well I just ordered the CJ Berry book and I think this has an onion wine recipe.

If it has I'll give it a go :whistle:

charley said:
i know the book!!! one edidted by the winemakers bible author C.J.J.Berry!!! i was reading it jus this afternoon!! some very bizaree recipes in there indeed!!! :rofl:

Sorry charley, I didn't see your post before I posted :oops:

Brave or stupid...I'm not sure :wha: ....but I'm going to give the onion wine a bash!!! :D
I'm going to half the recipe and do a 2.5L with white onions, and a 2.5L with red onions to see if that makes any difference to the final result!

Bought all my ingredients last night, got a 3L milk carton ready for one of them, just gotta wait for the other one in the fridge to be empty so I can put them both on at the same time :)

Rather looking forward to this experiment :cheers:

ingypingy2 said:
Brave or stupid...I'm not sure :wha: ....but I'm going to give the onion wine a bash!!! :D
I'm going to half the recipe and do a 2.5L with white onions, and a 2.5L with red onions to see if that makes any difference to the final result!

Bought all my ingredients last night, got a 3L milk carton ready for one of them, just gotta wait for the other one in the fridge to be empty so I can put them both on at the same time :)

And????

oldbloke said:
ingypingy2 said:

And????

And......the other half pinched my onions to make a lasagne......and I've never quite gotten round to starting again lol!! :) :) New project for the New Year I think lol!!! :) Will keep you posted :D

sounds like a pie recipe more than a wine recipe.

gonna see how this one turns out on here, might do some for my friend for a laugh - he eats onions like apples!

It is on my to do list. Fingers crossed I will have it started within a month. I will post pic when it is up and brewing :thumb:

i set a dj of this on the go on Friday it looks interesting to say the least, smells like a retirement home , in the recipe i found it said to use sweet onions which i didnt have so just used regular and added enough sugar to give me a sg of 1.120 so even if it tastes bad you wont care after a couple

Has anyone actually got to the finished product yet? What did it taste like?

Latest posts

Back