Kegerator Build with under counter fridge

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

leosardinha

Reaction score
Hi Guys,

I am soon going to build a Kegerator with an Russel Hobbs Under Counter Larder - Model RHUCLF55B.

https://www.argos.co.uk/product/1378573

Does any one have experience with this fridge?

I am wondering where the cooling unit/condensation lines/evaporation lines are located, since my idea is to do a small hole at the top to pass the beer lines and fixate a beer tower.

Hi Guys,

I am soon going to build a Kegerator with an Russel Hobbs Under Counter Larder - Model RHUCLF55B.

I am wondering where the cooling unit/condensation lines/evaporation lines are located, since my idea is to do a small hole at the top to pass the beer lines and fixate a beer tower.
Seems expensive for what you want.Try checking Gumtree or freecycle or maybe your local recycle centre where you can pick one up pretty cheap or free and use the rest of your cash towards your build.

Sent from my ALE-L21 using Tapatalk

I imagine if you run the fridge for a short while and then with the door open, stand a kettle inside and bring it to the boil, condensation should start to form where the cooling pipes are.

Brian

Seems expensive for what you want.Try checking Gumtree or freecycle or maybe your local recycle centre where you can pick one up pretty cheap or free and use the rest of your cash towards your build.

Had to take this one due to the black color and new status, wife requirements to match living room decoration.

I saved on the brew fridge(to ferment) though, got one for 25 quid.

I imagine if you run the fridge for a short while and then with the door open, stand a kettle inside and bring it to the boil, condensation should start to form where the cooling pipes are.

Brian

Good tip @BarnBrian, will try this one.

Had to take this one due to the black color and new status, wife requirements to match living room decoration.

I saved on the brew fridge(to ferment) though, got one for 25 quid.
Well you can't say no to SWMBO especially if you're putting it into the living room.

So just to update, fridge arrived and after I turned on just by touch was easy to identify that the cooling was on the back.

Anyway I drilled a small hole to inspect and make sure, seemed ok and I went for it.

After a couple hours setting up everything find the result.

5c73ed382368583949e83375b1c2e526.jpg

I am really pleased :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

that looks really good mate, I'd be interested to see inside.. did 2 kegs fit straight in? I had to attack the inside of mine with the dremel and they still take a bit of jiggering around before the door will close :(

20170428_140701.jpg

Nice one pal,
Looks professional I must say.
You defo put your heart n soul into it.
I still have tinker with mine to get two kegs in...but I don't drink much so one get is nuff for me atm.
Bri

that looks really good mate, I'd be interested to see inside.. did 2 kegs fit straight in? I had to attack the inside of mine with the dremel and they still take a bit of jiggering around before the door will close :(

I am currently only doing 10 litres so half cornies, this is how it looks inside.
3d2f634acaf5b1accf58ba545b3aecb7.jpg

Nice one pal,
Looks professional I must say.
You defo put your heart n soul into it.
I still have tinker with mine to get two kegs in...but I don't drink much so one get is nuff for me atm.
Bri

Thanks mate!

I at the same situation so currently brewing half batches just to keep the hobby alive haha

Hi Guys,

hi pal . new to the forum . searching for info and came across this. could you give exact measurements for drilling the hole for co2 and hole for tower . appreciate any help . Matt

hi pal . new to the forum . searching for info and came across this. could you give exact measurements for drilling the hole for co2 and hole for tower . appreciate any help . Matt
Hi Matthew,

The hole were quite small:

2 just for the liquid tubing to go through, using an standard drill bit.
3 smaller just for the screw to secure the tower in place.

View attachment 9234
Mine’s the same, even down to the silver tape! Also a bit of juggling to get them in. Do you reckon there’s room in yours for a 9l corny at the back?

Back