dandelion and burdock (traditional)

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
:D heres the recipe i will be using later in the year!!

ingredients: 2 Large burdock roots, 2 dandelion roots, 1 gallon water, 500g sugar, 2tbs black treacle, juice of i lemon, yeast

Wipe the roots clean and cut of their leaves, cut the roots into small pieces. Put the chopped roots into a pan with 4 pints water and boil for 30 minutes.
Add the treacle, sugar and lemon juice to the rest of the water in a large pan and simmer. After 30 minutes, strain the roots and leave to cool, meanwhile, mix the yeast with some warm water so it starts fermenting.
When the root liquid is tepid, add the yeast.Leave to ferment in the bucket for 3-4 days. Put into bottles and drink after a week.

i bought burdock seeds from ebay, however, it turns out they are abundant in the countryside, remember when you were a kid, and those tall plants with the sticky brown spikys 'ball' seeds, that stuck to your clothes?!
Well thats burdock, have a look on wikedia for a detailed picture!!
hope that helps you out!

to be honest, not sure what type of yeast....it cant be a alcholic drink can it, as its not normally acloholic??, need to have a look further into this...since its from years ago, i would assume they used bread yeast????

Anyone have any ideas???

Can anyone tell me what is the best yeast to use to brew dandelion and burdock beer

Latest posts

Back