inkbird

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

johnyp

Reaction score
hi guys and gals...I have been back brewing all grain (after a long absence)for a while now and ever eager to get better I am looking at getting more control over fermenting tempetures ...I have had a couple of problems in doing this so I have been looking into an "inkbird" I no you link it to a fridge somehow but other than that I,me in the dark...so I was wondering if someone on the forum could give me an "idiots"guide as to what I need to do .thanks in anticipation.:lol:

The 308 is plug and play....it has a dual standard 3 pin sockets...one for the fridge and one for the heater. The other control box type requires wiring of which I can't help. ..

I agree with Clint - the 308 is by far the simplest way to go.

If you fancy saving a few quid then go for the STC-1000 and wire it into your own set up. It's quite simple and there are plenty of videos on YouTube on how to do it.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B00IJ0F2OW/?tag=skimlinks_replacement-20

TBH for me a Brew Fridge is an absolute luxury in winter as all I ever need to do is keep things warm for fermenting and carbonating; and nature takes care of any cooling required!

In that case, Inkbird do another "plug and play" product which controls a heating element and only switches on if the temperature falls below the desired level.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/d/Home-Kit...id=1500164822&sr=1-4-catcorr&keywords=inkbird

I rigged this one up yesterday to control an FV on the worktop. It will switch the Heat Pad on only if the FV temperature falls overnight.

Enjoy. :thumb:

PS Please ignore the Set Point (bottom number) as I was setting it up at the time.

IMG_0404.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Plug the inkbird into the mains. Plug your fridge into the inkbird. Plug your heating device into the inkbird. Switch on and set your target temperature, plus your upper and lower limits, ie 19C + or minus 1C so you are operating between 18C and 20C. What you actually decide upon is up to you. Then walk away and forget it. Brilliant!

I built my own controllers from scratch, if I was doing it again I would just buy an Inkbird. Cost wise, I would also say if your going to put a controller in proper electrical box, cost comparison wise the Inkbird must be on par or cheaper.

OK, I can controller my power and my units are fully cooled and could be scaled up, but for home-brewing Inkbird plug and plays are a slam dunk!

hi peeps,just an update I bought an inkbird of a mate for £15 bargain....just on the lookout for a cheep fridge...

Latest posts

Back