My SNPA Clone

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Wez

Landlord.
Reaction score
This was for 25L
60 min 65c mash
60 min boil
Target OG 1.056
Target IBU 40

Grain
Pale Malt, Maris Otter Grain 91.53 %
Caramel/Crystal Malt - 60L Grain 6.78 %
Cara-Pils/Dextrine (3.9 EBC) Grain 1.69 %
Hops
Magnum (60 min) Hops to 25IBU
Pearle (60 min) Hops to 15 IBU
30.00 gm Cascade [6.80 %] (10 min) (Aroma Hop-Steep) Hops -
50.00 gm Cascade [6.80 %] in at 80c and steeped for 30 mins

Fermented with US-05 - that was the key!

So... What was it like. I've wanted to do a SNPA clone but i've found clone recipes to be pretty **** really.

I wouldn't have called it a clone but it was very similar, i'll brew it again.

Do you have a source for magnum hops wez, i love snpa but my latest clone is running out and i've barely enough to do another brew :cry:

I don't have any at the moment, i'll drop my mate at my local micro an email to see if he has any if you like? Normally £2.50 per 100g.

Wez said:
I don't have any at the moment, i'll drop my mate at my local micro an email to see if he has any if you like? Normally £2.50 per 100g.

Certainly wez, i'd love to get my hands on some more!

steve_flack said:
Ross at Craftbrewer has some in.

Forgot about him, if wez's contact doesn't have any it might be worth my while ordering some along with NZ aroma, green bullet and Nelson sauvingon.

Strangely i think i'd prefer them in pellet form, the freezer drawer is full to capacity as is.

I must admit I'm tempted to use pellets/plugs as opposed to leaf.
They seem to be far easier to handle, store, and are more compact to ship.
I just need to sort out a hop swatter thingy, but, tbh, I've tinkered enough with my system for a while...I just wanna brew...plus the freezer full of leaf hops will have to be used first :roll: perhaps a few historic IPA's might be on the cards :lol: :cool:

Back