Register Now!
The HomeBrew Forum > General Discussion > The Snug > Retro cars - suggestions and advice

Help Support The Homebrew Forum by donating using the link above or becoming a Supporting Member.

Old 16-11-2017, 05:07 PM   #71
chub1

Liked 649 Times on 507 Posts
Likes Given: 776

Quote:
Originally Posted by terrym View Post
Yup. My old Moggie originally had those, but someone had fitted a Wipac set of indicators which you operated from a large two position switch located somewhere down by your right knee. Trouble was they weren't very reliable and did in fact fail temporarily on my driving test, and I ended up completing the test using hand signals. Still passed though .
This was in the days before MOTs and the car had a rotten floor pan, but a previous owner had cut out some quarter steel plate profiled to the shape of the floor and plonked that on top of the original metal. Worked fine, if a little damp on occasions.
In the end I sold the Moggie which had done 90k on the original engine which had been replaced by another which had done 60k. I know this because it had two speedos inside the car. The original in the front bulk head and the 'new' one held in place by a couple of metal strips somewhere down by your left knee.
And I replaced it with a Hillman Limp, sorry Imp, which had its own story to tell.
Ah trafficators, had those on my first ever motor a sit up and beg 1949 ford prefect
A mate had a Hillman limp,enough said about that

Old 16-11-2017, 05:36 PM   #72
Chippy_Tea
THBF_ADMIN.png

Liked 3618 Times on 2872 Posts
Likes Given: 4407

For all the young ones - Trafficators -

Forum Member Map - if you would like to be added please visit this thread - http://www.thehomebrewforum.co.uk/sh...ad.php?t=67013