My poor dog's ill

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

craigite

Landlord.
Reaction score
First time our dog's been ill. :cry: Were having a weekend in Keith and she's picked up a sick bug.
She started looking a bit under the weather yesterday morning, by noon I took her to the vet here as she was walking about as if she'd been drinking brew. Vet gave here a couple of injections, one to stop diarrhoea the other was antibiotics.
Poor lass was awake all night restless, she'd get up then her legs gave out and shed collapse.
She's looking brighter now, more relaxed and restful, but she still can't walk. :(

At least she is taking a little water. That's 24hrs fasting so will try her with a little chicken. :pray:

Oh, she's a typical brew dog, an 8 year old black lab.

Hope all turns out ok.
Our little man ( 6 year old collie x ) has just been diagnosed with terminal cancer. Just hoping we can have one last Xmas with him.

They are more than dogs they are as bigger part of the family as the kids! :D

Hope everything goes well - there is nothing sadder than a sad Lab - we have 2 and they are normally so full of the joys of life I think it show more when they are poorly :(

heartstrings moment poor pooch
mine mutt has a new knee this wednesday praise be to pet insurance £2000 direct line :thumb:

doghouse gav, my thoughts are with you.
Dogs give so much, they deserve more.

Sally is improving. She is up and about although tires very quickly. At least the tail wags for a minute every so often. Stunned how thin she looks considering she's only been off her food for a few days.
She seems happier we are home. Almost didn't make it, the ferry went early thanks to the gales and the barriers are shut at high tides.

Anyway, hugs etc to all brew dogs out there.

Update. Unfortunately it was not a sick bug.
Sally started to go down hill again so took her to vet. More antibiotics and an appointment for scans.
Scans done and not good news. Sally's spleen was so enlarged it filled her abdominal cavity. Obvoiusly cancer.
Her operation was yesterday to remove the spleen; fingers crossed that it hadn't spread.
Well, no obvious signs of it spreading so fingers staying crossed.

She came home today and has eaten more food than I've seen her in a week, almost felt guilty not giving her more.
Day1 done, looking forward to day2. :D

Thanks to all for their kind remarks, what a soft bunch we are.

Sal is improving; eating well and wanting out :thumb:
Came in after work to a dog stand in front of me wagging tail and dancing :D

Back