Favourites ?

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pvt_ak

Budding Brewer !
Reaction score
What's people's absolute favourite #1 wine and cider creations ?

I'm looking for inspiration to fill the 4 DJ's sat empty.

My personal Cider favourite ciders :

Mulled cider - A TC
Mixed Berry - Strawberry and Cherry.

Wines:

Rhubarb
Strawberry Wow (A Roddy Recipe).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

To be honest i used to experiment a lot but Mrs tea likes the RGJ + Apple so i make it regularly i like to make a WineBuddy Sav Blanc 30 bottle kit every so often that keeps me in white wine while she knocks back the rosé :wink:

My misses says when she likes a wine, I stop making it..lol

Basic TC, Beaverdale Cabernet Sauvignon and Ginger beer (half coopers, half natural). I'm currently on the lookout for a decent white wine.

Basic TC, Beaverdale Cabernet Sauvignon and Ginger beer (half coopers, half natural). I'm currently on the lookout for a decent white wine.

I've got an all white grape juice WOW clearing at the minute - I've high hopes for that one being decent.

To be honest i used to experiment a lot but Mrs tea likes the RGJ + Apple so i make it regularly i like to make a WineBuddy Sav Blanc 30 bottle kit every so often that keeps me in white wine while she knocks back the rosé :wink:

Another vote here for RGJ and apple. Not for me but the missus. She says it's the best and I've got to stop experimenting with others. A pity cos experimenting is the best bit.

My best has been RGJ, apple juice and cranberry + raspberry drink (1L of each in a DJ). This has also been the most popular with friends and family.

As for a dry white, 2L orange juice with 1L grapefruit juice worked pretty well. However, no need to add citric acid in this one. I did and it's rather tart! One sweetener per bottle sorted that though. (4 sweeteners in the Dj would probably be enough, but I couldn't be bothered with re-bottling it all.)

My faves so far

Cider
Strawberry & Lime (Lowicz)
Rhubarb and ginger (Morrison's juice)

Wow
Strawberry: White grape/AJ/Lowicz
Red grape & elderberry (going to make this again next)

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

My faves so far

Cider
Strawberry & Lime (Lowicz)
Rhubarb and ginger (Morrison's juice)

Wow
Strawberry: White grape/AJ/Lowicz
Red grape & elderberry (going to make this again next)

Red Grape and Elderberry - tell me more ?

The blackcurrant tastes at bit artificial (although it's not), noticed it more in TC's but I love the straw berry one so will give it a whirl. (With muslin bag for elderberries this time !)

The blackcurrant tastes at bit artificial (although it's not), noticed it more in TC's but I love the straw berry one so will give it a whirl. (With muslin bag for elderberries this time !)

Nice one. Going to kick off a few batches of WoW and TC next few days, will deffo give this one a go then, but will need to order in the Elderberry etc.

I've got a Muslin bag [emoji106]

Back