Need a quick lager kit

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tefkab

Reaction score
Hi there. Not really sure if I'm peeing into the wind here but I'm having a party on July 11th and wondered if I might just have enough time to get a lager ready to drink by then. If so, any suggestions? Nothing too clever is needed, just a standard fosters type job will suffice.

Hi there. Not really sure if I'm peeing into the wind here but I'm having a party on July 11th and wondered if I might just have enough time to get a lager ready to drink by then. If so, any suggestions? Nothing too clever is needed, just a standard fosters type job will suffice.

I don't think there is a homebrewkit that can produce anything as bad as fosters :tongue:.

But in all seriousness from the sounds of it you're not shooting for premium so I would say given the time and the fact it is the summer months you may be better just going with something liek a wilkos or coopers cerveza?

Even the coopers original series Lager, uses an ale yeast, brews pretty quick and doesn't need 3 months in the bottle like the Euro lager kit.

+1 except make it up with a hop tea of 30g Hallertau plus 15g Hallertau dry hop. I did this as an emergency lager last summer during the hot weather and it was amazing, actually I'd say it was better than the Coopers European.

Thanks for the advice..... Went to my LHBS and found the coopers cerveza. Should do the trick, I already have a cider waiting to be bottled so I'll crack on tomoro and, weather permitting, the party/bbq will be a sozzled affair. Ur all invited [emoji3]

Thanks for the advice..... Went to my LHBS and found the coopers cerveza. Should do the trick, I already have a cider waiting to be bottled so I'll crack on tomoro and, weather permitting, the party/bbq will be a sozzled affair. Ur all invited [emoji3]

Should be OK - just over 5 weeks to the BBQ, so suggest 2 wks in FV, 10 days to carbonate in the warm and the rest in the coolest place - garage?

Back