Festival German Weiss Kit - Review

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Beer Elzibub

Reaction score
The third and final of my pre-Christmas brews after a 25 year absence from making my own beer. I though I might just sneak it in for Christmas - started on 23rd Nov and was bottling by 2nd Dec - very quick. QC after a week in bottles and drinking properly from 15th Dec.

This one is a simple kit to do - 3kg of extract and 350g of dextrose for fermentation/ OG was 1050 and bottled at 1011 for a notional 5.1% ABV. Tasted good at bottling even when it was warm and flat. Even better when it was ready. I reckon it was better than the Weizen I had in a Vienna pub a couple of weeks previously. But I'm not a huge Weissbier expert so I gave some away to proper experts and they were very happy with it. Highly recommended and I may make some more for summer if I don't get too distracted by a planned first foray into AG brewing.

IMG_3840.jpg

I've made this a few times. In so far as being close to a commercial beer this kit has it nailed. I poured a pint for a Weiss loving friend and he didn't believe it was homebrew.

Excellent kit. I’ve made this before too. Really nice wheat bear. The Festival Razorback IPA is also excellent.

Back