Dry hops in keg?

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bigdave

Reaction score
I'm dry hopping an IPA in the FV at the moment. It's been dry hopipng for 4 days but I'm quite keen to get it over to the keg to condition in time for Christmas/New Year. If I add hops loose into the keg, I recon I stand a fairly good chance of blocking the hose on my top tap and ballsing the whole thing up but, what if the dry hops were put in muslin bag or an old stocking (clean of course) with a weight and allowed to sit at the bottom of the keg? Would this hinder clearing or conditioning? Are there any other potential issues I may have over looked with this plan?

Keep it in the fv for now and use some gelatin later in the keg to help clear. You risk the brew getting too hoppy if you leave of in the keg until Xmas. Unless you are hop mad. Also I thing in a hop sock you prob won't clear as effectively as you would without.

when we dry hop apa its done in the keg. Use a muslin bag or similar the hops will give a nice subtle taste but they wont make your kegged beer taste too hoppy as they really need boiling to release all their flavour. I wouldnt bother with any kind of weight either as you risk the hops and muslin bag being near the dip tube and could block

Back