How much beer have you got?

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
nice idea for a thread, even if it makes me a little jealous:sulk:

all my beer is in glass bottles.

0 liters fermenting, no brewing till xmas :-(
21 litres bottle conditioning - we'll wheat again
79 bottles
30 Abdij
26 Night-hawk
18 Golden haze
4 not seeing double
1 orange no tang - whoa (thought they'd all gone!)

and 12 x 750ml bottles of various belgian beers, sours, gueze etc.

I've got about 130 bottles that I try and keep full, then time my next brew so that's it's ready to bottle by the time I have enough empties.

It's nice to have a few different ones that are drinkable at any one time.

Hi Linalmeemow. Have you tasted the Black Rock Riwaka? If so, what's it like? Good?

Hello Clibit!

I sampled one of the Riwakas at the weekend after 13 days in the bottle in the warm to test carbonation. At this stage it's pretty young and needs a couple more weeks at least before it'll be ready to drink; it's come out at 4.5-5% after bottling, and is the most promising pale ale I've made so far. I've done the Evil Dog and Young's AIPA and to be honest I've been disappointed with both given some of the reviews on here - both have been bitter to the point of harshness, and the dry hopping hasn't produced the fruity flavours I was expecting. This is already a lot mellower and is shaping up to be much more drinkable. I'll let you know in more detail when it's had to time to sit in the cool.

While I've got your ear, am I doing something wrong with my dry hopping or am I just expecting too much? I'm looking for the Punk IPA / Sierra Nevada / Lagunitas IPA fruity flavours but I'm just not getting them from the kits I've tried. I've put the hop pellets straight into the wort 3-5 days before bottling, and in other cases I've put them in teabags and sunk them with marbles (though when I do this they always rise again as the CO2 collects in the teabags) but I really don't seem to get the flavours or aroma I'm after...

I've been trying to increase stock by brewing more but have found that the amount of beer brewed is directly proportional to amount of beer drunk. So I've got a disappointing stash of approx.:
14 pints to drink
38 pints conditioning in bottles
38 pints in carboy
40 pints in FV

Hello Clibit!

I sampled one of the Riwakas at the weekend after 13 days in the bottle in the warm to test carbonation. At this stage it's pretty young and needs a couple more weeks at least before it'll be ready to drink; it's come out at 4.5-5% after bottling, and is the most promising pale ale I've made so far. I've done the Evil Dog and Young's AIPA and to be honest I've been disappointed with both given some of the reviews on here - both have been bitter to the point of harshness, and the dry hopping hasn't produced the fruity flavours I was expecting. This is already a lot mellower and is shaping up to be much more drinkable. I'll let you know in more detail when it's had to time to sit in the cool.

While I've got your ear, am I doing something wrong with my dry hopping or am I just expecting too much? I'm looking for the Punk IPA / Sierra Nevada / Lagunitas IPA fruity flavours but I'm just not getting them from the kits I've tried. I've put the hop pellets straight into the wort 3-5 days before bottling, and in other cases I've put them in teabags and sunk them with marbles (though when I do this they always rise again as the CO2 collects in the teabags) but I really don't seem to get the flavours or aroma I'm after...

Got one of them riwaka kits in my ready to make kit stock, read the instructions and it reccomends 1.7 kg of black rock ultra light fermentable or combine two kits instead,as I've never seen BR ultra light what did you use,think I g I may just get another kit and double up

I thought I had a lot of beer til I read this thread.

Currently drinkable:
About 15 bottles of various less pleasant brews from the start of this year
16 bottles of stout ready
35 pints of english pale

Conditioning
16 bottles of green bullet pale

Fv
20L boddingtons clone
15L Amarillo/citra rye pale

So about 70L total

But loads more planned!

I thought I had a lot of beer til I read this thread.

Currently drinkable:
About 15 bottles of various less pleasant brews from the start of this year
16 bottles of stout ready
35 pints of english pale

Conditioning
16 bottles of green bullet pale

Fv
20L boddingtons clone
15L Amarillo/citra rye pale

So about 70L total

But loads more planned!

Catch me if you can Gareth :whistle:

23L Coopers Stout fermenting, 23L Wherry conditioning, 22L John Bull IPA conditioning, 12L Black Rock Whispering Wheat, 8L Wilko Hoppy Copper, 8L Wilko Pilsner.

Got one of them riwaka kits in my ready to make kit stock, read the instructions and it reccomends 1.7 kg of black rock ultra light fermentable or combine two kits instead,as I've never seen BR ultra light what did you use,think I g I may just get another kit and double up

At the recommendation of my LHBS owner I used 500g of light DME. They assured me the LME would be too much. I think they were wrong, and now I wish I'd gone for the recommended LME.

I was planning on inviting the whole forum around over xmas :lol:

That would be awesome.

Which gives me an idea. What about forum meet up somewhere?

Somewhere middle of the country, like London perhaps....:whistle:

lol I prob drink more than I should....and like most aspects of brewing......hate the cleanup and the backache the day after brewday

Back