Register Now!
The HomeBrew Forum > Beer Brewing Talk > General Beer Brewing Equipment Discussion > What do you use to sprinkle sparge water?

Old 12-01-2017, 11:30 PM   #21
r-evans

Liked 13 Times on 7 Posts
Likes Given: 31

I'm still undecided. Definitely want to fly sparge as I just think it'll be easier to just open some taps and let it work.

Once I've purchased my kettle, I might just set up the three tier system I'm planning on using and see if I can position a bit of PVC tube in a circle, connected to the kettle tap that hangs into the mash tun. Then I'll just cut a few holes into the tube and that should work fine.

Might even eventually attach some tube to the underneath of my mash tun lid with a bit sticking out the top for HLT connection.

Fermenting - Empty FV

Bottled - Empty Bottles

Next brew day - First brew day, TBC

Old 13-01-2017, 09:57 AM   #22
peteplus1

Liked 35 Times on 25 Posts
Likes Given: 109

Quote:
Originally Posted by jceg316 View Post
The issue here is that the inside of shower heads aren't food safe, so could cause problems.

Or so I've heard.
Worth baring in mind . It was a new one and cleaned each time. 10 brews in and so far so good

Old 13-01-2017, 10:04 AM   #23
JapanBrew

Liked 272 Times on 225 Posts
Likes Given: 262

Quote:
Originally Posted by peteplus1 View Post
Worth baring in mind . It was a new one and cleaned each time. 10 brews in and so far so good
I don't think it'll leach anything. And you're boiling it so it doesn't matter if it picks up stuff. But I still sanitize all my mashing items.