create a styrian beer

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lagerlad

Reaction score
Right here we go looking for input from my fellow forum members I have 4 types of hop left from the styrian competition last year and am totally clueless as to what to use them for and can't find anything online,I have styrian cardinal,eureka,bobek and savinski goldings,anyone used them or help me with a recipe to get them used up,all kinds of beer enjoyed so it can be a standard brew or far out maaaaan. Cheers lagerlad

Bobek you could use for a Bitter and the Savinski Goldings you can use for a lager or some sort of pale ale - Thats what I did with these too iirc. I'm using some cardinal as Bittering for a porter today but I think from the flavour profile on GEB I think they might go well in a dark beer like a mild or a porter

Cheers myqul come to rescue again I really enjoyed and am still enjoying the last bitter recipe you gave me with the green hops....tasty,,think I might try a lager though never done a lager its like the great unknown,any good recipes on here anyone has tried,no hurry next brew 3or 4 weeks away lagerlad

I would give it a go anyway oh and if it turns out terrible let me know so I can do something different!!!!!!!over the last couple of weeks I have done half brews 10 litre or so indoors so may just try the hops in one of them but what to make is still what I am not sure about

Back