I am off to Oktoberfest tomorrow

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Oblivious

Regular.
Reaction score
Here's something for you to enjoy, while i am away :wink:

Oktobergurls.jpg

oktoberfest-02.jpg

oktoberfest-tours.jpg

Have a great trip - one day I might make it there :cheers:

Vossy1 said:
I've missed those girls...can you bring the blond one back for me :lol:

One suspects that she is infact an aeroplane blond :lol:

You'll have a great time Ob. I went to Octoberfest in 93. It was bloody great. I woke up under one of those tables. Some Germans hauled me back onto a seat, gave me a beer and started singing something in German. It was the best beer festival i've ever been to. I even enjoyed drinking Lagers for the first and only time in my life.

I just read that consumption per person at this event had dropped over the years to around 1/2 litre each. I trust you will be attempting to address this imbalance. :grin:

you're probably nursing a rather nasty hangover right now :D but i'm still soooooo bloody jealous!!!

i've been wanting to go to Oktober fest for the last 4 years, but every time it nears the moment to start booking something pops up and steals my cash :evil:

BrewStew said:
you're probably nursing a rather nasty hangover right now :D but i'm still soooooo bloody jealous!!!

i've been wanting to go to Oktober fest for the last 4 years, but every time it nears the moment to start booking something pops up and steals my cash :evil:

Jeez, i know how that feels BS. I just about cleared off one of my CC ready to 'invest wisely' in Stainless Steel. My bloody money funnel of a boat decided now was the time to have more fcuking money poured into it. Do you know what boat stands for? Bring On Another Thousand! F-ing ******* thing.
If it's got wheels, tit's or it floats, it'll cost you more than it's worth. :twisted:

Looking forward to hearing Ob's account of drinking the Krauts under the table and teaching them a few lessons in brewing. :lol:

MEB said:
Do you know what boat stands for?

Boat: A large hole in the water into which you pour your money.

Must admit that I keep looking at the Dart 15 Cats, awesome speed for a sailing boat

Aleman said:
MEB said:

Must admit that I keep looking at the Dart 15 Cats, awesome speed for a sailing boat

Just keep enjoying the view big A :nono: :nono:

Aleman said:
MEB said:

They are very very tempting for someone into sailing aren't they? I recall you've had a boat before? You can't possibly be tempted again??? I have a love/hate relationship with my boat. I love her looks, turn of speed-she's good for 40 knots(unladen) and she's a great dive boat too :lol: But, and it's a big but, the money it costs to keep her pristine and impeccably maintained is a bit more than i was prepared for. She used NZ$24,000 of fuel last season. Running repairs cost 18,000 and crew was 54,000. Running her flat out at sprint speed she'll empty 800L of fuel in 1hr 15mins! :shock: We don't do that, ever. I've ran her once at full tilt to the Knights just to set a precedent that we are THE fastest boat to the knights and we did it in 16 mins. Our nearest competitor claims 25 mins. :D 500HP powering a Ron Given powercat at 11m gives us a very, very fast boat. But with Yamaha bringing out 350HP V8's-i love V8's. Means i want those engines when we need to replace the twin 250HP outboards. As my wife will say 'all i hear from you is i want, i want, i want' :rofl:

Hi lads

I had a great time, but its one of the hardest place to get a beer at :hmm:, tried on Friday night but the place was full, then we tried on Saturday morning around 12 and the place was packed with 30 minutes to an hour queue or more on the tents

We ended up in Hacker-Pschorr beer garden just across the road from the main event and ended up having way to much beer and not enough pics :whistle:

MEB said:
Aleman said:
MEB said:

They are very very tempting for someone into sailing aren't they? I recall you've had a boat before? You can't possibly be tempted again??? I have a love/hate relationship with my boat. I love her looks, turn of speed-she's good for 40 knots(unladen) and she's a great dive boat too :lol: But, and it's a big but, the money it costs to keep her pristine and impeccably maintained is a bit more than i was prepared for. She used NZ$24,000 of fuel last season. Running repairs cost 18,000 and crew was 54,000. Running her flat out at sprint speed she'll empty 800L of fuel in 1hr 15mins! :shock: We don't do that, ever. I've ran her once at full tilt to the Knights just to set a precedent that we are THE fastest boat to the knights and we did it in 16 mins. Our nearest competitor claims 25 mins. :D 500HP powering a Ron Given powercat at 11m gives us a very, very fast boat. But with Yamaha bringing out 350HP V8's-i love V8's. Means i want those engines when we need to replace the twin 250HP outboards. As my wife will say 'all i hear from you is i want, i want, i want' :rofl:

I was out on a sailing boat last weekend on the Clyde. My brother in law has a Dehler 38 so seven of us sailed from Largs to Tarbert Loch Fyne and then in the morning we went around Bute and back down to Largs. It was a great weekend. Fortunately I provided a couple of cornies of beer to make sure that the workers didn't do thirsty.

Completely different experience to your boat but we all had a fantastic time.

Latest posts

Back