I wanna sleep with common people

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
As you can see, Common People is a fair bit darker than Anchor Steam.

IMG_2495.jpg

IMG_2499.jpg

My cali common looks exactly like yours! It is however still playing up a bit in terms of the yeast disturbing on pouring. Taste wise it's improving. For the time being it's been a signed to the naughty box....

Good work :thumb:

And the CML CaliLager yeast? Flucctuation? Clean tasting? crisp and lager like?

It's definitely clean and malty, I think it's too early to really tell how crisp it is. Seems pretty flocculant but not as much as I first thought.

I plan to leave it untouched for a month or so now (I have 2 and a half minikegs to get through, and I have 2 nights out this month),so I'll report back when it's conditioned.

It's definitely clean and malty, I think it's too early to really tell how crisp it is. Seems pretty flocculant but not as much as I first thought.

I plan to leave it untouched for a month or so now (I have 2 and a half minikegs to get through, and I have 2 nights out this month),so I'll report back when it's conditioned.

Cool. Thanks :thumb:

Have you come across the bulldog brewing CaliLager yeast? Might be one to try in a version of your common people. There's not much info on the bulldog yeasts because of the ease of availibility/cheapness of the CML yeast

http://www.bulldogbrews.co.uk/products/bulldog-beer-yeast/b23-steam-lager-yeast.html

I've never used it either, I used the MJ one for the other 2, but at less than half the price and the great reviews I thought CML was worth the risk.

I'm hoping the combo of the Munich and the rye will give it that spicy almost-metallic malty hit I get from Anchor Steam that I felt V1 lacked.
Mick,
have you done all three brews with N Brewer hops?.
I have some,just purchased,but was also thinking of doing one batch with something different,perhaps Chinnok!
ta

Mick,
have you done all three brews with N Brewer hops?.
I have some,just purchased,but was also thinking of doing one batch with something different,perhaps Chinnok!
ta

Yeah I've only used NB. I'm very much of the opinion that you shouldn't change the hops in a Cali Common, NB is what makes it what it is. I used to think I was a bit weird but apparently the guy from Brulosophy has said something similar.

Back