Turbo Vimto wine

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

uksoundz

Reaction score
Hi, I had ago at a turbo vimto wine using 1lrt of boiled vimto and 3 litres of Apple juice.
I pitched the yeast on Saturday afternoon, and as of yet have seen no activity in the airlock, here is what it looks like, I'm thinking that the horrible crusty stuff on top could be a sign that fermentation has commenced??? ImageUploadedByTapatalk1412014583.841697.jpg

I assume you boiled it because it has preservative in it, I made ribena wine and did the same, it fermented so slowly it took weeks to get down to 1020 and eventually I poured it down the sink and put a WOW on instead, that was the best thing I ever did as a new wine maker.
I now never use juice with preservative in it, there are so many out there without it the is no reason to use it.

Yeah I boiled it for 15 mins, I'm doing a wow too, but I love vimto so much thought I'd have a go!
This morning it seems to be bubbling away at roughly 1 every 40 seconds.

If it fails try making a easy white wow from a litre of white grape juice and a litre of apple juice then once stabilised use a little vimto to flavour it.

I don't suppose that there's a leak around the cork or airlock, if there is the bubbling would be less than it actually should be.

Thanks for all the advice.
Happy to say it's now bubbling like a good 'un, so hopefully this brew is gonna work!
I'll keep you all posted!

Latest posts

Back