A Quick Reminder

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

johnnyboy1965

Landlord.
Reaction score
As Christmas soon approaches, keep your eyes open for deals on Xmas puddings. Boxing day is the day to buy them, they will be dirt cheap, but you need these to brew your Xmas 2015 beer, yes that's correct.... 2015. You will need 2kg. This beer takes 12 months to mature, quite strong (9-12% abv depending) but you can adjust to your taste. The method is a bit time consuming, and a bit of faffing about, nothing to worry about. But well worth the trouble. You also need to start collecting 330ml glass bottles (if anyone needs any of these I have a endless supply FOC.). My recipe is tried and tested, suitable for kit brewers and I think you will be very impressed. Just worked it out at approx. 60p per 330ml.

Cool - you said this was suitable for kit brewers, so can the sludge just be used as the sugar for an off the shelf dark bitter/stout kit?

I quite fancy this too.
johnnyboy, any suggestions for particularly suitable kits and (possibly ) yeast substitutes would be much appreciated. John Bull IPA?

Latest posts

Back