Idiot Proof, Fast Conditioning, Extract Kit Recommendations!

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hi there,

Started on the kits last September.

So far I have done Coopers APA, Harvest Mild, St Peters Ruby Red, Festival Landlord, Milestone Lions Pride, and now have Harvest Stout in the FV.

So far I have found it hard to be patient in letting my brews condition - I can leave it for a month without touching it....but then it just seems to disappear!!

For my next brew I would like to try an extract kit. Just looking at the Brewuk site there are so many to chose from.

..wondering about the Belhaven Mild (makes me think of the Western Isles, where i tend to drink Belhaven)...

so, recommnedations please for an idiot proof, fast conditioning, extract kit.

THanks

Martin

I probably bore everyone to tears going on about it but the way to Amarillo is quality. Not sure it matches your preferences (maybe the APA?) but in 6 weeks from kicking off I'm struggling to not quaff the lot.

I'm about to do the london Pride clone...imagine it will need a bit longer but have high hopes and it might suit your tastes a bit more?

The Belhaven Mild would be a good for a fast conditioning beer as any low gravity beer will condition quickly. The last Mild I made was easily conditioned within two weeks and I probably could have started drinking it after one week.

Will be making this Belhavelen Mild (AG) at some point in the near future as all the recipes from Brewuk extract kits are nicked from Graham Wheelers book. I will soon be making my way through the mild section, so seeing as the receipes are in alphabetical order it shouldn't take me too long to get around to doing this Mild

Latest posts

Back