Wow on the go

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Roddy

Landlord.
Reaction score
Second attempt at my only failed brew so far...

6l Asda red grape juice
6l Princes Apple and Rasp
4kg sugar
og 1.095

usual other hits and bobs

Will be more patient this time, expecting it to take 2-3 weeks !

rock on

failure was user error, forgot to put in the wine stopper ! only occurred to me after I had poured it away in the garden haha

Will be more patient this time, expecting it to take 2-3 weeks !

rock on

I started my 22.5 litres of red grape juice, strawberry, kiwi and apple/raspberry juice on 2 February and its still bubbling every 10 seconds, three weeks is probably about right this time of year as the colder temperature prolongs fermentation.

dammit, I forgot to put my pint of strong tea in it... can I throw it in now ?

Yes, make sure everything you use is sterile and let it cool to room temperature before adding it to your wine.

so far so good, racked to carboy last night for clearing

did manage to lose my home made wine whip when degassing with my drill... had me worried for a few secs about how to get it out haha

kinda strong alcoholy taste although it's only about 13.75% ish.

Liking it though, does this one improve much with age, how long do you reckon is the shortest time to notice it mellowing out any ?

I haven't noticed any change but don't age mine for more than a few weeks so it might if given time, to be honest we like it as soon as it's bottled.

missis in the lounge watching corrie, me in the kitchen watching the darts.. ho hum

Back