Hybrid Wine

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RichK

Regular.
Reaction score
So I've got a Solomon Grundy Sauvignon Blanc (gallon) kit that's slight past its best before. Rather than ditch it (I reckon it's fine), that's gone in with 1L red grape, 1L pineapple & 1L apple & mango. 6L water 1300G sugar + the usual WoW extras. The kit yeast + a Wilko wine yeast. So I've got a hybrid brew on the go. Half WoW, half kit. It'll be wine but will it past the chief taster? I'll find out in about 6 weeks.

Hi

interesting!

I got a 5 litre no sugar Solomon Grundy Kit before xmas but have lost all the extras (yeast,finings instructions etc) .
so i just have 5 litres of grape juice.

Could i just ferment out with a cider yeast and bottle in plastics with pinch of sugar.

would that be wine?

fizzy grape juice

any commnts would be very much appreciated.

I thought about throwing in a cider yeast I've got but likely wont get used, I did however have a wine yeast so added that along with the (out of date) kit yeast.

Bottled at the weekend. There was an odd glass leftover so it got a tasting. We're not sure about the apple & mango as it tasted a bit too "flowery". Will just use apple if doing this again.

Latest posts

Back