Carbonation drops for Youngs Harvest Pilsner

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Replay63

Reaction score
Hi all, I have a pack of Coopers carbonation drops and would like to use them when bottling my Harvest Pilsner shortly, into 500ml pet bottles. It says one for 375ml and 2 for 750ml. I will be trying it on my 4 sons at Easter and definitely don't want it near flat, but would 2 drops in 500ml cause gas problems? Thanks.

When using drops I'd use 1 per 500ml bottle for low carb ales and 2 per 500ml for lagers and hefe's. You could also use 1 per bottle and top with sugar, but this's messy. No harm will come yo your bottles as long as your ferment is finished.

Hydrometer reading was same 11 days ago as was today when I moved it to the secondary to add finings (again, don't want my kids moaning about cloudy homebrew lol). Thanks for that, I'll put two drops in each then :-)

I did a coopers Lager into 500ml bottles and was worried about 2 drops being too much but went ahead with it anyway. I also did a couple of bottles with only one drop just to compare and to be honest the bottles with the one drop in them were terrible. Not a lot of carbonation. the 2 drops were a lot better, although i would still like a bit more carbonation tbh. they are very handy, but although ive just did my second brew, a stout and used them again, i think in the future i will be using sugar. Its cheaper and seems to get better and more consistant results.

Latest posts

Back