Cooper's Australian Lager

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

coupe3234

Reaction score
Hi all

Had this in FV for 11 days now, all surface activity ceased and looking relatively clear but gravity still sitting at 1016. Should I leave it another few days. Took the gravity 2 days ago and it was 1016 as well, thought this would get much lower than that. It was brewed with 1kg of Brew Enhancer 1.

Leaving it for few days won't do any harm. If it's in the cold heat it ip a wee bit to see if it moves any. Good drinking

Leaving it for few days won't do any harm. If it's in the cold heat it ip a wee bit to see if it moves any. Good drinking

Cheers Stesmi

I'll leave it til the weekend and see how it is then. It's been kept at a constant 21 degrees since it was started.

I would leave it a bit longer but I did the Coopers Lager recently with Coopers Brew Enhancer 1 plus an additional 250g of brewing sugar and mine wouldn't go lower than around 1016 from memory.

Read on another forum that the BE1 from Coopers is 60% dextrose and 40% maltodextrin and the maltodextrin doesn't ferment out fully.

Anyway, I am no big expert on sugars etc but this may explain why the final gravity is a bit high. My Coopers Lager has now had 2 weeks in the warm and 2 weeks in the cold and is developing into a decent pint so think yours should be good also.

It'll go lower - my last one finished at 1.009, brewed with Enhancer.

There's no hurry, personally I wouldn't even think about moving a brew before day 14, and often leave them much longer than that. The instructions are way too optimistic regarding time to brew.

Back