Coopers Irish Stout FG

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mancer62

Landlord.
Reaction score
I brewed a Coopers Irish Stout 15 days ago using mangrove Jack's enhancer 2 [1.2kg] along with mangrove Jack's kveik voss yeast. I was obviously looking for a fast fermenting brew but has certainly been the case. I admittedly never fermented at high temps and just brewed it in my kitchen with a padded rainjacker over it.
Even today when I moved my blow off tube in the bottle of water it's in bubbles appeared and broke the surface. This cannot be correct can it? I took a hydrometer reading a few.mins ago and it read 1016 (I don't 100% trust my hydrometer) but 1016 doesn't seem.right to me.
Any advice would be appreciated ty..

I brewed a Coopers Irish Stout 15 days ago using mangrove Jack's enhancer 2 [1.2kg] along with mangrove Jack's kveik voss yeast. I was obviously looking for a fast fermenting brew but has certainly been the case. I admittedly never fermented at high temps and just brewed it in my kitchen with a padded rainjacker over it.
Even today when I moved my blow off tube in the bottle of water it's in bubbles appeared and broke the surface. This cannot be correct can it? I took a hydrometer reading a few.mins ago and it read 1016 (I don't 100% trust my hydrometer) but 1016 doesn't seem.right to me.
Any advice would be appreciated ty..
Did you degas the sample?

degas the sample? as in the amount I took out to put the hydrometer in? no i didnt i have never done that.

degas the sample? as in the amount I took out to put the hydrometer in? no i didnt i have never done that.
The gas you witnessed coming out in the fermenter will also be in the sample tube, always pour sample into a cup and tip back and forth into another cup a dozen times to degas it. Pour into tube and take a reading. The gas in the sample will buoy up the hydrometer giving a false reading.

Back