Newbie, with Beer engine question

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jondi11

Reaction score
I have been considering getting a beer engine, I am not sure how I would connect to my plastic 5 gallon keg, would the pipe connect to keg tap or use a special top with tube access?

Cheers

a pressure barrel isnt the ideal container for a hand pulled pint, Search for posts by Denis King, and consider a polypin if you cant get your hands on a cask for the job ;)

it can be done with a PB but may need more effort than its worth.

I have been running my beer engine with PB now for well over a year but you will need a check valve so you can keep a positive pressure in you barrel I have a standard hose pipe connection the type with a jubilee clip to tighten

Not sure what you mean Dave about positive pressure, is that pipe and jubilee clip to standard barrel tap?

If you have a barrel with a co2 injection valve you have to make sure you keep it topped up because your beer engine will pump the beer out leaving a vacuum allowing oxygen in which will spoil your brew .The intake pipe which is attached to my pump I have attached a hose connection the type you use to connect to a standard tap

Back