Fermenter King Junior used as keg: small pressure drop.

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

StevAmos

Reaction score
I have a Fermenter King Junior which I am using as a keg. I used a separate fermenter to make an ESB and racked the flat beer into the Fermenter King Junior and then added 10PSI of CO2. I then removed the gas connect.

The following day, I reattached the gas connect. The regulator added more CO2 to bring the pressure back to 10PSI, which took 3 seconds. As there had been a pressure drop overnight, I increased the pressure to 20PSI and sprayed a solution of washing up liquid and tap water on the posts and PRV of the Fermenter King Junior. I did not see any bubbles.

This small loss of pressure was also happening with my previous brew. I used a different Fermenter King Junior and lid assembly to keg the beer and had to top up the pressure each day.

Is this expected behaviour? Perhaps the CO2 is being absorbed into the beer?

Any advise would be appreciated.

I'm no kegging expert but your beer will be absorbing the co2, usually the keg is kept hooked up to the regulator for this reason. Once it's sufficiently conditioned and carbonated in a couple of weeks set to lower serving pressure.
Or if you dont want to wait force carbonate with short higher level of pressure and some gentle rolling of the keg.

Latest posts

Back