Coopers cerveza

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

colliefish

Regular.
Reaction score
Put this in yesterday. With a 1.5kg can of pale malt extract. 24 hours on and it's bubbling like crazy at a stable 21 deg c.

You going to add any hops? What temperature are you fermenting at?

i have this finishing off, no hops as yet and sat 21c tested the grav last night its sat at 1013 , tested very light,allmost watery, through it in the fv on the 30th, so 18days. testing again tomorrow,with a view to bottle, do you guys hop lagers? i did plan on doing half batch prime with a hint of lime,i was going to boil the water for priming and squeeze in the juice of 2limes.the other half i was doing as it comes.

Mine is at 21 deg C. I wasn't going to add anything other than the 1.5 kg of pale malt extract that went in initially. But I may go down the lime route.
Yeastinfection did you use anything other than sugar at start?

Just added BE1 ... which says for light beers etc. But when the coopers can arrived it said BE2 .but I didn't have that.

I brewed mine with BE2 and the zest and juice of 3 limes, and it has matured well!
possibly brewed slightly short by half a litre, initially thought it was quite watery, but batch primed and bottled, now it is very drinkable when chilled! very refreshing with that lovely note of lime coming through.

I also added the zest, collie, but added everything at the beginning, worked out very nicely indeed

Do I need to put boiling water with lime juice or should it be sterile straight from the lime? Seems a stupid question lol

I dunno, but I put juice and zest in FV, with brew enhancer, then poured just boiled water on both to sterilise. I also soaked lime in steriliser for a but before we rinsing and zest ing.

I added sun dried lime to a Young Harvest Lager I bottled on Saturday. My mate gave me 57g of sun dried lime to add to a lager, I boiled 10g of the sun dried lime and 10g of perle hops on a ten min boil and added the tea and the bag to the FV. The reason I did it this is that with a ten minute boil any nasties are going to die in the saucepan and not cause me any grief in the FV down the line. On Friday week I'll try my firs bottle, it's a SWMBO brew, it's a light lager, bumped up to about 5.8% with a hint of lime and Perle hops. I'm hoping it turns out really nice.

I may do a late hop addition to make it a bit crafty. Any suggestions which sort to use in a cerveza?

Latest posts

Back