DIY hop ball

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
What weight do you think you can get in without over filling it? Hops are gonna swell obviously.

There's 26g in there at the moment, with another 56g to go in (26 half-way through, 30 at flameout). If I can't get them all in, same place sells stainless steel colanders. Hop ball MkII!

MkI is a go! All hops fitted no problem. Be interesting to see how much residue there is in the boiler. Just flamed out, so will see soon.

Will do. If it does, I'll definitely be using it in the future. Sussex 1 was going like fury too, so fingers crossed for a good brew....sample from trial jar tasted good. OG a bit higher than expected - 1048. Not overly worried by that!

Judging by the heavenly smell, it has worked like a charm. Forgot to mention, from the same shop I also got three vacuum sealed reusable bags - two medium and one large. Open bags of grain now vacuum sealed and sitting in a mango barrel ready for the next brew!

Me julie's hoover - the bags are those you stick the hose on and away you go. Thinking about using one for the rapidly accumulating bags of opened hops too....

I didn't realise a julie's hoover could be so useful. Will investigate.

Back