Hi From Northamptonshire

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bromptonaut

Reaction score
My name is Simon and I ride a folding bike.

Started brewing from a Boots kit I got for Xmas 40 or so years ago and progressed to having a small 'production line' using kits bought from DIY stores and Boots before we found local homebrew shops. Beast kit we found for a bitter type beer was Kwoffit. Two fermentation buckets and two Rotokegs kept us going.

Kids came along and then a house move meant we lacked space, or rather filled it with other stuff, and brewing ceased c1999. Barrels kegs etc eventually went to the charity shop.

Fast forward, now semi retired and two of us rattling around in a four bed and I'm trying again.

Drove over the brew shop at the Black Cat junction last week and I've now got a new fermenter, a top float king keg and a first brew just ending primary fermentation.

Should rack it off over the weekend and into the keg for secondary ferment and to settle in time for Xmas.

Interested in experiences of other returnees.

Nice to see there are some other home brewers from Northampton. I have recently taken it up and jumped straight into all grain brew in a bag because I like to make everything more complicated than it needs to be :-)

I'm actually in Bedford, where there's a thriving homebrew club that meets monthly, but I can never go due to work. Check out Bedford homebrewers online.

Welcome!

I am a returnee too. Had a break in the 80's when I lived in a really tiny flat. Started again in 1990 when I moved to a house.

Before the break I started with kits then moved to extract then partial mash. All grain since 1990.

Cheers!

Latest posts

Back