BIAB- will this work?

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

samnorfolk

Landlord.
Reaction score
Ive got 2kg pale malt, 200g Crystal and 100g amber along with target hops for bittering, then challenger then cascade?

Has anyone tried this or do you think it would work?

Thanks

yes a 10 litre brew, will this bring through the cascade flavour as adding them in last?

Clibit will probably weigh in; adding the cascade last will bring out the flavour. Dry hopping with them will impart aroma.

Sounds a good plan, ingredients-wise, to me.

What yeast are you using and do you have a brewing fridge?

I havesome muntons gold yeast to use up, I'm pretty new to the BIAB so have been doing the very basic method, i.e. using a 20litre stock pot with about 14 litre of water bringing that up to about 66c then mashing the malt for 60 mins then adding the hops. I have then transferred the pot into a bath full off cold water to cool and then into fermenter, yeast etc. I have left that in the fermenter for about 5 days then transfered into Demijohns? If you have any tips or pointers be great to hear, Cheers

Similar method to me - except I don't transfer it to demijohns after 5 days. Why do you do that?

I made up a recipe pretty similar to yours for my 2nd AG BIAB, except I used only Cascade for bittering and aroma. One of the best beers I've made, and quickest to be consumed. :thumb:

I havesome muntons gold yeast to use up, I'm pretty new to the BIAB so have been doing the very basic method, i.e. using a 20litre stock pot with about 14 litre of water bringing that up to about 66c then mashing the malt for 60 mins then adding the hops. I have then transferred the pot into a bath full off cold water to cool and then into fermenter, yeast etc. I have left that in the fermenter for about 5 days then transfered into Demijohns? If you have any tips or pointers be great to hear, Cheers

No boil stage?

sorry yes the boiling stage when adding hops haha, someone advised me to transfer to Demi Johns just because they are airtight and can see the clarity of the beer in them, do you just leave yours in the primary then?

sorry yes the boiling stage when adding hops haha, someone advised me to transfer to Demi Johns just because they are airtight and can see the clarity of the beer in them, do you just leave yours in the primary then?

I suppose its the same as transferring to a secondary (normally suggested in a 6 gallon glass carboy).

Don't do it myself I just leave it in the primary myself but some like to secondary.

So would it be safe to do a 10 litre and leave it in a 25 litre fermenting bin? How long do you leave it in there for?

Back