Best place to get Maris Otter grain 25kg

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Simmoart

Reaction score
Looking to get a 25kg of Maris otter. Wheres the best place to go, the average is around £30 with £10 delivery.

Try Get Er Brewed £20.99 plus I think £4.99 delivery and (dare I say it) 5% discount for forum members I think the Homebrew Co and Worcester Hop shop are in the same ball park. (Other Homebrew suppliers are available).

you might want to try some of the Irish sites homebrewwest ie and the homebrewcompany ie both work out competitive with exchange rate and reasonable postage...homebrewwest is just under 7 euro postage..they seem to not have a great range at present though.

have bought base malt from both in the past and been impressed with delivery times.

Looking to get a 25kg of Maris otter. Wheres the best place to go, the average is around £30 with £10 delivery.

Last time was Worcester Hop Shop, and the time before, I think. Works out just over £30 delivered. If you pick up other stuff as well, it will be worth their while, no doubt. WHS is mainly an AG offer and geared up to that, with a strong emphasis on English Beer styles, with a nod to Craft Brewing fashion.

HBC is an alternative for sure.

Never had poor service from any HB provider, tbh.

"minimum delivery charge of £12.75 + vat applies on every order." :shock:

That's expensive delivery!! though obviously the more you order the better it feels. It does feel like they are accounting for low product prices with exorbitant delivery costs though!

I used Get er brewed last time I placed an order and service was good - though oddly the grain and hops I ordered turned up in a butchered box that used to hold a set of nested tables from John Lewis...

idlevalleybrewing has it £25.20 delivered.
ive used them and there good to deal with. online shop too

Their hop prices are extremely good. Malts - a little less so, but very competitive.

There are quite a few of these suppliers competing for a pretty small market I would say.

Worcester hop shop. Last order I put in cost me £58 including delivery, but it was absolutely everything I needed for the next 6 brews, grains, hops, yeast. Of course that means I had to plan what those brews were going to be - Northern brown, Irish stout and Fraoch. Can't wait to get started.:lol:

The home brew shop in Aldershot (orders over £65 are free delivery) :thumb:

themaltmiller.co.uk is where I get everything I possibly can from. He has Maris Otter and sells in 25kg sacks. Excellent service, and hey delivers using DPD which I really like. Cheers

themaltmiller.co.uk is where I get everything I possibly can from. He has Maris Otter and sells in 25kg sacks. Excellent service, and hey delivers using DPD which I really like. Cheers

DPD is a great courier. One hour delivery times notified to recipient - always adhered to. Fully trackable parcel. The Hombrew Company also use them, but you have to email Shane to get the tracking number when he emails the despatched note.

Have you thought about contacting your closest small micro brewery and asking if you can buy a 25kg sack off of them. If the price is reasonable you'll be able to cut out postage costs

DPD is a great courier. One hour delivery times notified to recipient - always adhered to. Fully trackable parcel. The Hombrew Company also use them, but you have to email Shane to get the tracking number when he emails the despatched note.

Definitely. I love the 1 hour delivery slot. Great company.

Get friendly with your local microbrewery. They'll normally have no problem in putting an extra sack into their grain order. It'll probably work with hop orders too. And if you're really cheeky you could take a sterilised plastic bottle and they'll pour you off a bit of yeast for you to culture up too.

Dave

Get friendly with your local microbrewery. They'll normally have no problem in putting an extra sack into their grain order. It'll probably work with hop orders too. And if you're really cheeky you could take a sterilised plastic bottle and they'll pour you off a bit of yeast for you to culture up too.

Dave

Visions of a queue of begging home brewers lined up at the door of local micro-brewery..... :)

49853251.jpg

Back