bruheat boiler

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MrMozsnr

Reaction score
Hi everyone, have just joined the forum. I wonder if anyone can advise?
Have been using my trusty bruheat boiler for mashing & boiling successfully for some years though involved a lot of faffing around. Unfortunately the tap seems to have perished and leaking copiously! Have tried using standard plastic taps but they fit badly. On ringing local homebrew shops found bruheat boilers no longer made and spare parts hard to find.
If anyone knows of anything I can do to keep it going , or advise on a suitable alternative I'd be grateful. I notice on a lot of boilers the manufacturers advise not suitable for mashing. Only reason I can think of is possible charring of the grain against the elements but I never really found that a problem .

They used to be drum tap as used on a king keg, I did use one of those when I damaged the bruheat tap, true it got a little floppy when the boil started but it never let me down.

thanks a bunch guys for your help. Am hoping have managed to source the right tap as replacement from abbey homebrew in Leeds. But really glad have joined the forum , even though been brewing full mash for quite a few years strictly on amateur basis and lots to learn !

Latest posts

Back