Wine Frementation

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Pauldonnelly

Reaction score
I am a newbie. Once fermentation is complete, and I am waiting for the wine to clear, do I leave the airlock in all the time? Also the airlock has a red cap on - does this remain on the airlock at all times or should it be removed at any stag?

Once fermentation is complete, and I am waiting for the wine to clear, do I leave the airlock in all the time?

Yes.

Also the airlock has a red cap on - does this remain on the airlock at all times or should it be removed at any stag?

The red cap is commonly referred to as a dust cap but it also keeps flies and other nasties out, a lot of people throw them away thinking they are part of the packaging.

A handy tip -

I moved over to the handy airlocks from wilko as they are quiet and not as tall as the bubble type, this allows me to put the DJ's on the worktop beneath the kitchen cupboards (they didn't fit before with the bubble type)

£2:50 for two including bungs - http://www.wilko.com/homebrew-acces...ndy-airlock-with-rubber-bung-2pk/invt/0240202

41foB6keoQL._SY300_.jpg

Latest posts

Back