Temp control

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Strange things are happening in the brew shed !!!
Please bear with me…I have been using fermentation fridges for several years now without issue I ferment in Fermizillas and use inkbird controllers to maintain temperature cooling by the fridge and heating via kegland heat wraps. The probe is placed inside a thermowell. I also use I-Spindels to monitor gravity trends and confirm wort temperature.
A couple of days ago I noticed that the inkbird was reporting 19°c but the I-Spindle was 23.5°c. I checked the temperature of the wort and the I-Spindel was correct . I switched over the Inkbird and all was good . My assumption being the Inkbird was faulty.
Yesterdays brew was placed in the ferm fridge exactly the same set up but with a RAPT controller instead of the Inkbird yeast pitched at 19°c RAPT and I-Spindel reading 19.°C and 19.4°C respectively. On checking the fridge this morning the I-Spindle was showing 23.4°C and the RAPT controller 19°C. The true temperature was 23.8°C .
I can understand the I-Spindle being faulty but the temperature reported is correct .
Anybody got any ideas or have I finally lost the plot 😜

You'll see stratification in the fermenter when the mixing activity of ferment is over.
Move your temp probe to the same height/ level as the iSpindels temp sensor. You should find reading more Similar.
Note if your ispindel is producing heat which happened once for me with a failed gyro you will also get odd readings. Battery life will be terrible as well.

You'll see stratification in the fermenter when the mixing activity of ferment is over.
Move your temp probe to the same height/ level as the iSpindels temp sensor. You should find reading more Similar.
Note if your ispindel is producing heat which happened once for me with a failed gyro you will also get odd readings. Battery life will be terrible as well.
Thanks will keep an eye on it 👍🏼

Latest posts

Back