Better brew Czech pilsner help

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Soupgdragon

Reaction score
Hi all,

I started my brew on the 11/7. It's still in the FV, the gravity seems to be stopped at 1012 and has been there for about a week now. The instructions say I should only bottle at 1008. The temp in my house may be a little under 20 degrees. Should or wait it our or is it worth bottling yet?

Mucho thanks

It probably won't shift further as-is. Either rouse the yeast by swirling the FV and bringing the temp up to something north of 20c, or leave as-is.

When you have further secondary fermentation during the bottled period, you may find that the residual sugar (the 4 points or so) get eaten up when the priming sugar kicks the yeast back into action. There's a potential for you to get over-carbonation for this reason, but at least the style should be very fizzy. You could prime on the conservative side. Make sure your bottles are kept around 20c during the first week in the bottle (or keg).

I think I'll try upping the temp on bottle on Saturday. My bottles ain't gonna explode are they?

When I did this it only went down to 1.010. If it hasn't moved for a week I'd just bottle it if it were me, it'll be fine.

Cheers mickey. I think everybody I've spoken to who had made this has had inconsistent results.

Latest posts

Back